Friday, October 9, 2015

Mary Ellen Mark Short Story

LET’S KEEP OUR CHILDREN SAFE

Why is it every time I turn on the news,
It’s always singing the blues? 

Kids are being killed, kidnapped, molested, raped or abandoned…
What’s wrong with this picture? Kids are our future? 

It’s sad that there are children in this world that are dying from diseases or starvation. 
But that doesn’t make it right to abuse children due to frustration. 

Something has to be done! Our children can’t even go to the park to have fun, 
Because someone wants to shoot off a gun. 

I always ask myself, “Why are kids falling from the sky”? 
I never get a reply. 

They say these things are meant to be, 
But those things are hard for me to believe. 

How can anyone hurt a kid anyway? 
Can you answer that question? I’m still puzzled to this day. 

What gets me is that this type of behavior towards children has been going on for many years, 
And every time I hear a child go down, all I can do is shed tears. 

Let’s make this world a better place 
To keep our children safe, 
And see a beautiful smile on their face. 
Not to see them lying inside a case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment